Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds: A review

So i tried out Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds. Honestly I really didn't think much of them.  ok.  So I just tried the B Sides and Rarities.  I guess those are for big big fans.  But really some of the songs on the B Sides and Rarities were other versions of songs already done by the band.

Don't get me wrong.  Some of the songs were ok.  But  I stress the fact of OK.  If they are played by friends or on the radio than that's fine.  I'm really not going out of my way to listen to them though from now on.   Most were boring.  Yet.......YET.  I come to my real point.  Most of the songs I found boring and as songs I didn't want to hear but  Nick Cave has composed the scores to two of my favorite scores ever.   The Proposition and The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford have two of the best scores in film.   When I heard that the composer of those films was the front runner for a band I was excited.  Yet alas!  Mr.Cave  you should quit your day job.  Keep making soundtracks!

   Mr.Cave....I repeat (and I know you read this blog) Danny Elfman tried it with Oingo Boingo!  Mr.Cave just score movies!  Your better at it.  Trust me!

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds:  B Sides and Rarities:  2/5